My Love Affair with Beautiful BotswanaFebruary 3, 2014
Why you Need to Hire a Professional Vacation PlannerApril 18, 2014
A few key facts about Botswana:
- Botswana is a landlocked country in the heart of Southern Africa, bordered by Zambia, Namibia, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
- A group of citizens are called “Batswana” and singular is “Motswana”.
- Citizens have had uninterrupted democratic elections since it became independent from the United Kingdom in 1966.
- Once one of the poorest countries in Africa, but since its independence and thanks to the diamond industry, Botswana has become one of the fastest growing economies in the world, giving its citizens a moderate standard of living.
- The official language is English but Setswana is the native language and is commonly spoken.
- Botswana is just smaller than the size of Texas.
- Pula is the official currency.
- Botswana is 80% Kalahari Desert, with delta plains, grasslands and savannas completing the ecology. The result is an amazingly diverse ecosystem.
- Botswana is a desirable and exclusive safari destination. The Okavongo Delta is one of few places in the world you can take a makoro boat safari.